Monday, April 28, 2008

'Let Them Do This...'

A thought on Hebrews 13:17:

‘Obey your leaders, and submit to them; for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.’


My thought is on ‘Let them do this with joy and not with grief’. I believe this is not merely letting them be joyous, but striving to help make them joyous. And likewise, not merely letting them be without grief, but endeavoring not to give them grief. For when we distress and irritate them, it puts them in a bad humor. And when they are in a bad humor it affects the way they watch over us. This in the end affects us in an ‘unprofitable’ way.

Sincerely,
Miss S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I have chosen to moderate all comments I receive, so if your comment doesn't appear within 36 hours of your posting it, these are a few possible reasons why.

1. It was irrelevant to the article posted.
2. It was rude or vulgar.
3. I was lazy and forgot all about it.

Please don't chicken out or second guess yourself. I would rather have odd comments than no comments!

Sincerely,
Miss S.